Last year I unexpectedly missed out on the Best of 2008 event, so here I am much in advance with the summary of the activities on my blog during 2009.
Year 2009 saw more activities on the blogging front and better than 2008.
1. The most exciting part was of Simple Indian food blog featured in 3 sites..First it was Naarisakhi, followed by Solkadi and Food-India..
2. Every month saw an event on Simple Indian food blog - starting with MBP, RCI and 10 editions of What's Your Favourite series of event. There was also a give away of cookbooks to 3 winners selected by marking and then polling for the WYF: Breakfast event
3. Started a new blog Cookbook reviews and Basics of blogging focusing on topics that would help new bloggers and reviews of cookbooks
4. The year also saw the start of the Super Blogger Sunday series that features popular and successful bloggers sharing her experiences, inspiration and interesting tips for new bloggers.
5. Also, the Budding blogger series is aimed at providing new and budding bloggers an opportunity to showcase their blog on Simple Indian food.
6. Got to try a lot of new recipes from other bloggers - the best ones being Mysurpak from Few minute wonders
7. Among new dishes created during the year, Sattu maavu burfi
And Sevai pakoda have been my personal favourites
8. Learnt some basics for improving food photography from other bloggers and trying to implement them
9. The total number of posts for 2009 was 325 till date and have some scheduled posts too that would bring the year's total to almost 350 posts
Now for some resolutions for 2010 related to food blogging -
10. Constant problems with my laptop and shifting saw a huge dip in the comments posting on other blogs, although I regularly read each of them and bookmarked a lot of them too. I hope I am able to visit more blogs and post my views and comments on each recipe during the coming year
11. Inspired by all the goodies baked by other blogger friends during the year, I too started feeling that I must learn to bake and also buy an OTG..Hope this is fulfilled during year 2010
12. Try to make the blog more user friendly, work on my e-book and hopefully give my best to the blog by posting newer varieties of simple Indian food.
Sending it over to Srivalli for her Best of year 2009 event