Wiki defines legumes as : A legume in botanical writing is a plant in the family Fabaceae (or Leguminosae), or a fruit of these specific plants. A 'legume' fruit is a simple dry fruit that develops from a simple carpel and usually dehisces (opens along a seam) on two sides. A common name for this type of fruit is a pod, although "pod" is also applied to a few other fruit types, such as vanilla. Well-known legumes include alfalfa, clover, peas, beans, lentils, lupins, mesquite, carob, soy, cashews, and peanuts.
For this event - a legume is fresh or dried beans, lentils, pulses, and/or the sometimes edible pods that contain these seeds, and derivative products like tofu or besan and not French legumes, which they mean as any vegetable at all. Fenugreek, carob, peanuts, etc. are among some of the other edible plants in the legume family which ARE included in the event.
Susan is offering two interesting prizes for the winner of the event ..
1) Selected and purchased by Susan: The Joy of Cooking 2010 Calendar.
2) Hurst Bean Box - A case of six bags of the winner's choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, donated by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.) Susan does not receive any product nor financial compensation for her arrangement with Hurst Bean to provide this prize supplement for My Legume Love Affair.
Now for the rules regarding the event
* Only vegetarian recipes are accepted since this is a vegetarian blog (No eggs please- Cheese acceptable).
* Multiple recipes are permitted (although only one submission will be counted towards the random drawing).
* Recipes submitted to other events are also permitted.
* Pls link your post to the event announcement and to Susan's event host lineup page..Unless done, the post would not be a part of the roundup and not eligible for the prize too..
* Recipes from archives can be accepted ONLY if updated and reposted as current. So make sure you do this without fail.
* Recipes from those who do not blog are accepted and make eligible the participants to win the random drawing.
* Use of logo is optional.
* The roundup would be up by the first week of February.
Once done, pls mail me the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blog Name:(not url)
Link to the recipe:
Have fun with legumes all this month..