Idli upma



Ingredients

Leftover idlis (Batter recipe)
1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp bengalgram dal
1/2 tsp blackgram dal
2 green chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp lemon juice
Finely chopped coriander leaves

Heat oil, add mustard seeds, bengalgram dal and blackgram dal. When it splutters, add green chillies and turmeric powder to it. Finally add crumbled idlis and very little salt (since idlis already have salt). Mix well and add lemon juice and coriander leaves.

Serve with sambar/chutney
how to make idli upma, idli upuma recipe, using leftover idli, leftover special recipes

7 comments:

FH said...

I made odli y'day, all gone now. Looks great, never made this because I always make just enough idlis for 4! :D

Madhu's cooking gallery said...

This is my all-time favorite. Looks yum!

KonkaniBlogger said...

This is so great with leftover idlis, we make this too, but rather simpler. Ur version looks more yummier with nice color.

Priya Suresh said...

My all time fav:)..i love idli upma n prepare often too..

myscrawls said...

I always make Idly upma. It's nice to see the recipe here. This is a gr8 way to finish of the left over idlis :-D Thanks for sharing.

Loved browsing thru foood blog. Let me introduce myself. I am Anu, a novice blogger from My Scrawls.

Do visit my blog (Anu's Kitchen) when u get time. Would be happy to receive your comments:-)

Rathna said...

Hey Hi,
Thank you for sending me your entry. But the picture of the entry is missing. Looking forward to hear from you.

gtyuk said...

I love idli upma, my papa used to do it for me in India; thank you for reminding me of this recipe!

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby