Methi layered paratha



Ingredients

2 cups wheat flour
Salt to taste
1 cup cleaned and chopped methi (fenugreek leaves)
Oil as required

Make a soft dough of wheat flour, salt, methi leaves and water. Remember not to cut the methi leaves in advance as it turns out bitter. Keep aside for 1/2 hour. Make medium sized balls of it.

Dust with flour and roll into chapati. Apply a little oil/ghee and sprinkle some flour over it. Fold it into half and then once again apply oil and sprinkle flour. Fold once more into half to get a triangle. Dust with flour and roll it into a triangle paratha.

Cook on hot tava with oil/ghee as required till you get brown spots on both sides. Repeat for rest of the dough.

Serve hot with side dish of your choice.
how to make methi multilayered paratha, methi paratha recipe, triangle paratha, layered parata, healthy and easy quick to make parata

9 comments:

priya said...

paratha looks superb, dear!!...love to have this for dinner!

Priya Suresh said...

Such a healthy paratha, looks great!

Chocolaty Lifestyle said...

I love parathas! I have never tried to make them with a filling like that, a great recipe for me to try! :)

Sanjana said...

I have some lovely fresh methi in my fridge which I would love to use in this recipe... but after rolling out all those puran puri's yesterday I would LOVE it if someone else could do it for me! :D
Lovely recipe! My Gujarati family make thepla which are similar to this paratha... it really reminds me of my childhood (and I assume it tastes awesome with a big mug of chai!)

Deepthi Shankar said...

nice parathas

Red Chillies said...

thanks for reminding about methi parathas EC. i had almost forgotten about them.

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Love anything with Methi..I like to eat this without any sides..

Spice said...

Methi parantha's for me anytime...infact have some methi atta ready in the fridge for tomm. morning breakfast.....

Anupama said...

Those are some great looking parathas!

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby