Gobi mattar samosa


Ingredients

For the dough-

1 cup Maida
Salt to taste
3 tsp oil
1/2 tsp thymol seeds

For the filling-

1 cup cauliflower florets (cleaned and cooked)
1/4 cup boiled peas
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
Finely chopped coriander leaves

Oil to fry

Add salt, thymol seeds and oil to the maida and mix well. Add very little water to get a stiff dough and keep it covered for 15 to 20 minutes.

Mix all ingredients for stuffing well.

Roll out the dough into medium sized chapatis and cut it into half. Apply little water on the sides and fold it into cone shape. Fill in the cauliflower peas mixture and close the other ends as well. Ensure that it is closed well on all sides, else the filling will come out. Repeat for the rest of the dough.

Heat oil on a low flame and fry these samosas. When cooked on a low flame, the samosa get cooked well and also crispy.

Serve with green chutney or sweet chutney or tomato sauce.
how to make gobi matar samosa, samosa recipe, stuffing ideas for samosa, party snacks, cauliflower peas samosa

8 comments:

Sailaja Damodaran said...

Simple & easy

Dori said...

Looks so tasty!

Cilantro said...

I love Samosas, had them a lot as a kid. I have almost stopped making them because they are deep fried. Your recipe tempts me to make them and also it is raining here a lot.

Unknown said...

delicious...

Supriya said...

simple steps and very creative.

Chocolaty Lifestyle said...

I was trying to make samosas in my vegetarian cooking classes, that was a hard jo for me and I really have to practice to make them, that was my first time! :) We tried to make them with apple filling, they were so delicious! So great to see there are so many filling ideas in your blog, I'll definitely try some of them! :)

Spice said...

once upon a time....I used to live in a city with no indian store/restaurant....I used to make my own samosas....but then I moved, & can get fresh samosas....

Like your samosas....made my memories alive...

Anupama said...

Delicious!

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby