Pal khova/Theratipaal



Ingredients

1/2 ltr milk (to get the quantity in the picture)
2 tsp ghee
3 tbsp sugar (adjust according to taste)
1/4 tsp cardamom powder

Heat the milk on a deeper vessel on low heat. Keep stirring. For half a ltr milk, it takes a good 1 hour to reduce and become grainy.

Once it is done, add the sugar, ghee and cardamom powder to it and mix well.

This traditonal sweet takes a lot of time and patience, but the taste is worth it.


Optional: You could even add jaggery to it instead of sugar.
how to make paal ghova,theratipal recipe, milk sweet, tasty traditional sweet,

12 comments:

notyet100 said...

ya tstsereal tasty,..we call sweets mde from khoya kalakand

Sunshinemom said...

I love it too but made it only once! I usually get it from Aavin Dairy at Chennai when I go there! You're right that the taste is worth the effort:) EC - do take part in the 'Food In Colors' Event I am starting! To boost me:)

Indian Khana said...

Looks yummy..

Pragyan said...

Isn't that similar to Rabri of North India? Tasty...

Cham said...

Patience worth for this sweet :) I made only once from the scratch ... The palkova is perfect :)

Unknown said...

looks yummy..i make his often, but i dont add ghee..

Andhra Flavors said...

i love pala khova. ur khova looks delicious.

Unknown said...

My aunt used make this for this from fresh cow's milk.Looks YUM

Illatharasi said...

Pal kova is one my favourite.... looks delicious:)

ST said...

Pal kova is one of my favorites......Looks delicious and awesome...My mom used to make it..

Anonymous said...

Palkova looks so good EC.. it takes a lot of time but worth every minute when you taste a spoonful :)

Dershana said...

Hey, I was just thinking of this yesterday. I did my schooling staying with my paati (grandma) and she had a cow that would give profuse quantities of milk. thiratipaal was a constant at home. yummmmmmmmy!

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby