Roasted dal and groundnut chikki



Ingredients

1 cup roasted dal/pottukadalai
1 cup roasted groundnut
1 cup sugar
2 tsp ghee

Add the ghee to sugar and heat on low flame without adding any water. Keep stirring till the sugar melts well and starts turning brown. Add the dal and groundnut and mix well.

Transfer to a greased platform and roll out immediately. Cut into pieces with the help of knife and turn the entire chikki upside down. After it cools, break to get pieces.


how to make chikki, quick sweet dish, peanut chikki, lonavala special chikki, chikki with sugar recipe

Affiliate of 100% Microwave Cooking, Ideas money, Time Pass, Inspirations for life, Easy crafts, Earn a Crore

10 comments:

FH said...

YUM! I used to eat a LOT of these Kadale mithai in Mysore!:D

Looks prefect EC.

@the_whisk_affair said...

lipsmacking sweet EC! looks and sounds yummy...i too have had my share of this sweet while I was in India! :-)

theres something for u on my blog :-)

Madhavi said...

This sounds yummyy, looks goood too!!

Anonymous said...

Looks easy, i'm sure i will try this out.. i hope it's tasty as it looks easy :)

Mary from - Cooking Recipe Videos

Trupti said...

Wooow EC Chikki looks delicious. I love this chikki. Your chikki reminds me famous Lonawala Chikki

Sunshinemom said...

Very healthy dish - It is something we are told to have for immediate energy on treks and things! Never tried making it - When I c the things you ppl prepare it is - Arreee - Why did I not make it! You are inspiring:)

Illatharasi said...

I love pottukadalai chikki during my school days. As a combination, i guess this will be great:)

Deepthi Shankar said...

yummy chikki .. i too remember my school days

Cham said...

Reminds my childhood snack, i love with peanut a lot :) Thank 4 sharing it

EC said...

Thanks all of you for ur comments..

Thanks JZ for the award

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby