Green chickpeas cutlet



Ingredients

2 cups green chickpeas (soaked overnight and pressure cooked)
1 boiled and mashed potato
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 tsp amchur powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp ginger paste
2 tbsp bread crumbs
Oil

Grind the chickpeas without adding water. Add the rest of the ingredients except oil and bread crumbs.

Make small balls and flatten them. Roll them in bread crumbs and cook on tava with little oil. Cook on both sides till it becomes crispy.

Serve immediately with sauce.

This goes to My legume love affair event started by Susan and guest hosted by Lucy, to FIC:Green event hosted by Sunshinemom and Lunchbox special event hosted by Vandana

Karuna of Foodie by nature and Annarasa have tagged me to state 6 unspectacular quirks about myself

The rules of the tag are:

Link back to the person who tagged you
Mention the rules on your blog.
Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them.
Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged

- I never feel satisfied about sleeping, always feel like sleeping more
- Once I get into some work, unless I finish it off I can't concentrate on anything else
- My mood keeps swinging
- I can never stay away from icecreams
- Very very fussy about food
- Find it very difficult to travel long distance in buses and so avoid such trips

I would like to tag

Sunshinemom
Pavani
Yasmeen
Rekha
Supriya
Aparna

evening snack recipe, how to make cutlet, pattice, patties recipe, new snacks, tasty and healthy snack variety, chickpea recipes

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Green chick peas cut totally new for me.. will try it soon.. thxs for sharing dear..

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Green peas cutlet!.. i have tried only in gravy, good recipe :)

Unknown said...

I was wondering what was green chick peas..its called "harbara"in marathi, i remembered..
nice idea to make cuttlets..good one!!

Finla said...

I didn't know there was green chick peas, the cutlets looks delicious

Srikitchen said...

this recipe i tasted in my friend's home once and that was so good and i got the recipe from u and thanks for sharing!

Dershana said...

looks healthy as well as delicious.

Raks said...

I too never heard b4 green chick peas...but sounds healthy!

Nidhi said...

Never tried these before. Look very interesting.

ST said...

I too never heard before green chick peas cutlet...but sounds healthy and delicious.

Priya Suresh said...

Looks very delicious..

CurryLeaf said...

Delicious,will try it

Pavani said...

cutlet colour looks nice and first time hearing cutlet with peas ,i will try and see.
thx u dear for tagging my blog to ur food blog

Yasmeen said...

Green chickpeas cutlets are one healthy entry for the love of legumes.
thanks for tagging me..I'll try to post the quirky facts about me soon:)

Pavani said...

hi easycrafts thanks for tagging me,and u have tagged at
http://fooddamaka.blogspot.com/2008/09/karam-chutney.html

Rajee Mani said...

Yummy...I havent come across green chickpeas here in the US. So I make a similar patty with the usual chickpeas. This make a good sandwich/wrap too !!

Usha said...

Nice reading your meme and getting to know more about you...the cutlets look good :)

Cham said...

Sounds delicious this cutlets :) Never tasted one before!

notyet100 said...

thy look so yum,..;-)

Uma said...

Yummy cutlets EC! I think they make good burgers too.

karuna said...

thanks for completing the tag. nice quirks. i too am a sleepy head. love the chickpea tikkis too.

Vani said...

The cutlets look lovely, EC!

Indian Khana said...

Lovely recipe..gud entry

Sunshinemom said...

Thanks for the cutlets (I could do with some of those yummy ones right now:)) to my event, and the tagging! I am one lazy one!!

Susan said...

So good, so good. So easy, too. I really have to get out of this Boca Burger rut I am in.

Can I use frozen hara channa? Would I have to take the skins off them? I have a bag in the freezer now.

EC said...

Thanks all of you for your lovely comments.

@ Susan...You definetely can use the frozen ones. If they are the chickpeas channa, you neednt remove the skin

Unknown said...

A different recipe..sounds really good. I would definitely give this a try.
Jujubs

David said...

This is looking yummy. Green chick peas is totally new for me. After seeing this, i would like to make.
Indonesia hotels

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby