Mixed (Flavoured) Rice Varieties Event


Photo Source: Google

All of us do cook up some kind of mixed rice for quick lunch, unexpected guests, lazy afternoons and of course lunch box. So, lets get all these varieties at one place with this event.

1) Post a mixed/flavoured rice variety on your blog with a link back to this announcement and the logo of the event. It can be anything from the very popular puliyogare or bisibela bhath to the traditional sambhar rice and lemon rice; creative ones like cabbage rice or any other vegetable rice; north Indian and south indian style pulavs and biriyanis and the most simple curd rice. You could even post gojjus and masala powders for mixed rice varieties. You could use any kind of rice variety for the dish.

2) Please post only vegetarian recipes for the event since this is a 100% Vegetarian blog. No eggs please. If you are a non-blogger, mail me the recipe and the picture. In case you wish to send some dish that you have posted earlier, please repost it with the link to the event and logo. No restrictions on the number of entries...send in as many as you can

3) Mail me the details - your name, blog name, link to the post, name of the dish and a photo of the dish to easycrafts@gmail.com by the 30th June '08. The roundup would be published during the first week of July.

25 comments:

FH said...

I might combine this and WBB together!:))

FH said...

I might combine this and WBB too.
Beautiful round up EC, thanks for taking time!:))

zlamushka said...

I love this idea of cooking rice mixes. Definitely my favorite dish. No eggs and vegetarian? No problemo! You ll get one :-)

Suganya said...

WOW... This is a nice event.

Anonymous said...

great new theme!! i had posted one in may, can i carry it over?? :-)

@the_whisk_affair said...

one more question, is it just one post/entry per person?

Uma said...

Interesting event, EC! Will come up with something.

Anupama said...

Hi EC,
Sorry I missed your entry. But I have now updated the post and included your entry.

Cham said...

Good one EC, i will be sure in..

Unknown said...

nice round up of the cardamom event..i missed it...but in for the rice event...

notyet100 said...

nice theme,..ec,.do we have tomix different kind or ric,..or can with one kind of rice,..tooplease clear this confusion,..

Arundathi said...

oh there are so many out there... will definitely send one in...

Shri said...

Nice announcement.i am in

Sangeeth said...

will surely come up with something..

EC said...

Thanks all of you for your tremendous response to this event...awaiting delicious entries from all of you..

@ notyet100...By mixed rice I dont mean varieties of rice like parboiled, raw, brown etc...I mean the variety rice like lemon, tomato, bisi bela bhath, curd as so on

Anonymous said...

I will post some recipes.

A small suggestion. "Flavored rice varieties" will make the event topic unique. :)

Medhaa said...

Great event, I almost atleast once every week just put everything I have in the fridge and whatever spices I get my hand on to make some rice. everytime there is a new taste, next time I do it, I will make note of what I am putting in.

Illatharasi said...

Good event, I have emailed my entries.... let me know if you need any other details. Thanks:)

Sunshinemom said...

Good theme - just mailed mone:)

ST said...

I like the theme very much.Good Event.I have mailed my entry....

Anonymous said...

Mailed you my entry. Hope you received it.

Madhavi said...

Hi EC, I mailed u my entry, hope u got it :))

Raaga said...

I made a cauliflower and peas pulao... can I send that to you?
http://chefatwork.blogspot.com/2008/06/cauliflower-peas-pulao.html

DO let me know

EC said...

Thanks live2cook for your suggestion

Thanks Medhaa for ur enthusiasm

Thanks Illatharasi,Sunshinemom, Sireesha, Roma,Madhavi...I got ur entries

Raaga...you can surely send it over to the event

Anonymous said...

What a great list! Thanks so much for including Simple Bites.

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby