Adirsam


Ingredients

1 cup Raw rice
1 cup Jaggery
1 tsp cardamom powder
Oil to fry

Soak the raw rice for 1 1/2 hours and drain out the water completely. Grind the slightly wet rice to a smooth powder in the mixer and sieve it twice to remove unfine particles.

Add a little water to the jaggery and allow it to boil. The required consistency is such that when a drop of the jaggery syrup is put into a plate of water, it should be easily formed into a soft ball with fingers. At this stage, add the cardamom powder and the rice flour slowly into the syrup. Mix well and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.

Make equal medium sized balls of the mixture and pat it on a greased plastic sheet to form a thick poori.

Slowly put it into hot oil and cook till it turns dark brown on both sides in medium flame. Use two big spoons with holes to remove the excess oil. Repeat for rest of the balls.

Cool and store in an air-tight containter. Stays good for 5-6 days.
how to make adirsam, adhirasam, adursam recipe

8 comments:

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow this is something new to me. Looks gr8. I love that serving tray. Looks gr8.

Srikitchen said...

Join in the Sweet Event going in my blog!
http://srishkitchen.blogspot.com/2008/11/efm-event-for-month-november-with-theme.html

Sunshinemom said...

I love adirasams but the oil it absorbs puts me off from making it for fear that I might eat more if I make them - better stick to gazing and eating one piece from a store:)

Usha said...

Looks very delicious and inviting EC....

Finla said...

I am not sure if it is the same, but remember my mom making something like this for tiffin for us.

Priya Suresh said...

Love athirasam...looks delicious Ec...

Priya Suresh said...

I have something for u Ec..pls check it..http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/11/awards-time.html

Yasmeen said...

unique dessert,looks beautiful! I've a surprise for you at my blog:)

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby