Super blogger sunday : Nivedita of Nivedita's kitchen

Meet Nivedita of Nivedita's kitchen blog in the Super blogger sunday series..She has a collection of more than 300 recipes in two years of blogging and is still going strong. She is good at so many varied activities and popular in the social networking site too. Read more about her..

EC: Tell us something about yourself

Nivedita: HI all, Its difficult to talk about myself :-) but feel happy to do so. Let me introduce my life in short to you all. Don't get irritated with so many I's

Being a Civil Engineer, instead of construction and estimation, I am always happy in creating new dishes and using the measurement spoons for it. :-) I love to bake a cake or make a dosa for my family rather than construction. My first love is reading and I read while I cook too. And the second and again first love is Cooking. Entered the kitchen at the age of 7, still love to try new things. I love to dance(finished 2 dance exams), I was a state level basketball player, I love jogging, yoga and new interest : Karate

I have tried writing down my feelings in my another blog, which introduces me as a writer or poet. Still trying to improve in it. Love to be a fish in the water(Swimming is another activity I love). I love to do painting, I love music, I love everything. My only problem is " I get adjusted under any circumstances, with any thing or any where ". I love Maths, yes, I love to play with numbers. (done Vedic Maths course)

Computer is my another baby which I always love to play with and experiment with (done many courses including hardware, I can repair the computer also) now, I Love Blogging :-) My blog is officially started in 2007 but my first post published was in 2009 March :-) I was too scared or lazy or was not sure about my getting success here. I have tried and shared many recipes in my blog Nivedita's Kitchen and tried to share my feelings in another blog Me and my thoughts!!


EC: Who and what inspired you to start food blogging ?

Nivedita: During childhood, cooking was my necessity. Now, there are many people who really inspire me to try cooking new food. My daughter, my blogging friends, great chefs from all over the world are few among them.


EC: How do you think blogging has changed your life ?

Nivedita: Yes!! Blogging has really changed my life to the maximum. I have entered the totally new world where I have got wonderful friends. I have become more confident about new cooking, I have taken risks to learn very new things. Blogging has helped me to improve my writing skill. It has given me a wonderful social network. I feel proud to say "I own a blog where I have more than 300 recipes which have been tried and tasted by me."

EC: Your views on plagiarism and how can we fight it ?

Nivedita: I hate the word "Plagiarism".  People who do this are useless. I really get irritated and very angry with those. The original work has to be appreciated and should get the credit. I am not sure about stopping it, But we all together can fight against it by spreading the awareness about Plagiarism in our blogs by blocking that person from entering into any contest and if possible by complaining about that person.


EC: How do you manage balancing your job, family and blogging ?

Nivedita: Being a working mother of two kids, and presently a single parent (my hubby stays abroad), managing everything from groceries to vehicle servicing, is not an easy task. But, I believe in my own quote "when you are dedicated, you always have time"

EC: You have tried so many variety cuisines...which is the easiest and tasty..also which is your favourite ?

Nivedita: Very very tough question. I love everything that is eatable or edible. I really can not decide my favorite, easiest and tasty food. Most of my posts in my blog starts with a sentence "I love this one :-) "

However, I would like to tell about one recipe which is really very easy and very tasty. Its Chapati Poha, which is prepared using left over chapatis. Its yummy, healthy and very tasty food.

EC: Your favourite vegetarian recipe

Nivedita : Again the tough question. Here I don't want to cheat my self. I love to eat anything, my favorite is raw food, believe me, I can stay only salads for many days.

7 comments:

Nivedita Thadani said...

Hi
Thanks a lot for introducing me here in your blog, That makes me feel like a celebrity.

S said...

You really are an able manager and you deserve the credits for your hardwork! Congrats :)

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely interview

Priya Suresh said...

Glad to know more about Nivedita, she is such a wonderful blogger, love her space..

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Glad to know about you...

FunWidFud

Raksha said...

Hi Nivedita,

Nice to know u and I really appreciate the way you manage everything.
Will surely vist ur blog.

Regards,
Raksha

Anonymous said...

Wonderful weblog! I genuinely love how it's quick on my eyes along with the info are well written. I am wondering how I may be notified whenever a brand new post has been created. I've subscribed to your rss feed which must do the trick! Have a nice day!

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby