Budding blogger: Kulsum

Budding blogger series introduces new bloggers (those blogging for less than a year) every wednesday and promotes their blogs through Simple Indian Food. If you are interested in being a part of this series, please mail me a short description about your blog, the cuisine you specialize and your objective/inspiration in blogging to easycrafts@gmail.com.

This week's featured budding blogger is Kulsum from Journey to the world through Indian Kitchen. Although new to blogging, there is a huge variety in the dishes has she has cooked up until now..check out her blog for more


Here is what Kulsum has to say about herself and her blog -

I started off blogging just a few days ago and it is encouraging to see Indians and NRI blogging about their culinary experiences and adventures.

I am as young as 22 and got married pretty early last year. My mom is one of those cooks where people go " Ah! you got to be a fabulous cook because you mom is! " The truth was I had never entered mom's kitchen to help her or to see how she did it. I so regret that. But on the positive side, Mom always knew I had good if not great taste buds. My mom loved to cook for me specially out of all people in a household of 6, because I could say exactly how it is and what is in it. We like to know how we did from someone who knows right.

I love vegeterian food and I don't think anyone can treat vegetables like Indians can. I love all kind of cuisines but when it comes to vegeterian, you got to go Indian.

My blog focuses mainly on Indian food and how you can go around the world in just the same Indian kitchen. Its about how you can enjoy great food, wherever you live with a little of that and a little of this. Specially in a world where everyone raves about globalization, sometimes I still can't find the basics of ingredients. Sometimes when you do, they are too expensive and you have to grasp and say " Outrageous " ! So does that mean you give up? Well, no - you go around the world the other way. Thats what Journey Kitchen is about.

3 comments:

Cool Lassi(e) said...

Good Luck to Kulsum on her culinary adventures.

Kulsum said...

thanks Cool Lassi and thank you EC....you know how much this helps!

Meena said...

Kulsum's blog sounds interesting...will definitely check it out!!

Thanks for the introduction to this cool blog like so many other cool blogs you have brought to our notice!

Looking for something

Easycrafts video tour

Disclaimer

Simple Indian food blog (author- EC) is the legal copyright holder of the material and pictures in this blog and it may not be used, reprinted, or published without the written consent of the author. All the measures used in the recipes are approximate. Please adjust the spices as per your taste. For any queries, please email us at easycrafts@gmail.com
baby